Disclaimer: I am just an average cook. The reason why I decided to make my own cupcakes is because the ones available in the market are very sweet!
What you need:
- baking pan (in the absence of baking pan, good old leche flan llanera will do)
- mixer (hand mixer, electric mixer or even fork will do)
- steamer and pan or oven
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3-4 tablespoons of sugar (brown sugar will do)
- 3-4 tablespoons of powdered Milk (I prefer Alaska)
- 3-4 sachets of Milo
- 3 tablespoons of Star Margarine (any butter will do)
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons of water
- grated chocolate (I use Beryll’s)
- Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- Put the flour, baking powder, sugar, Milo and salt in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Pour the egg in the mixture then mix until smooth.
- Low heat the pan to melt the margarine.
- Pour the margarine in the mixture and mix.
- Put some water on the mixture for a smoother effect.
- Put the grated chocolate on the mixture and mix.
- Put some chocolate syrup on the top of the mixture.
- Put the baking pan on the steamer and steam for 20 minutes. If you have an oven, you can set it at 5-8 minutes. Don’t forget to test the baking by picking a toothpick on the cake.
Others like moist cupcake while some prefer a dry one. If you want it super dry, you may extend the steaming to another five minutes.