1 kgs. ox tripe or ox tail (tuwalya o buntot)
1/2 kg. pork (laman)
2 sachets of Knorr Kare-Kare Mix
1 small glass of Lily’s Peanut Butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
4 pcs. garlic
1 bundle of stringbeans (sitaw)
3 pcs large eggplant
1 bundle of pechay tagalog
1 small puso ng saging
1. Chop the ox stripe and pork into desired size.
2. Wash and put into the pressure cooker.
3. Pour 3 glasses of water.
4. Tenderize for 30-45 mins.
5. Get the meat put into a plate. Reserve the broth for the Kare-Kare mix.
6. Saute the garlic, onion and meat for 5 mins.
7. Pour the kare-kare mix and peanut butter. It is salty so you may add water and sugar if you want it less salty.
8. Bring to a boil.
9. Put the chopped vegetables (puso ng saging, sitaw, talong and pechay).
10. Stir occasionally.
11. Serve with bagoong.